The moment you have to consider building your new home, you have a wide range of construction methods available.
You have to think carefully the moment you have to make a selection of a right method for constructing your new home. A lot depends on the type of materials you are going to make use of for constructing your residential home. Apart from this, the main factor you need to work is the cost as it may vary to greater extent from one method to another.
Common residential construction methods and working
The most common and budget-friendly methods for the construction of your resident are as follows:
1. Wooden frames – This is one of the most common and cost-effective ways to construct homes.
- The method makes use of a stick or wooden framing technique.
- Each lumber is designed according to specific dimensions depending on the location of its usage.
- In this method you have to ensure that the foundation is first laid.
- The next step is the construction of walls followed by floor, platform and the roof.
- To offer with the durability you can also make use of concrete to cover the foundation.
The moment entire framework has been completed; panelling, wiring, and pipework are also completed within the inner spaces of the wooden frames.
- These are a type of wooden products that are engineered and process using bind particles.
- Some of the most common types may also make use of plywood or OSB.
- These types are generally considered as more durable as compared to wooden beams.
3. Steel frames
- These are very commonly used in the construction of multi stories residential apartments.
- The moment beams and columns are joined together and the framework becomes more durable.
One of the most important options to select is the type of framework you want to choose. The right type of frame will offer the best support, depending on the type of material you are going to use.
Basically, construction companies categorize it into two basic categories – Heavy and lightweight framework.
- In most residential complexes apart from multi-storied apartments, you find architects making use of the lightweight material framework. If you need to construct a small house with a few rooms, then you can make use of light frames and steel or wooden components. Each of the components is assembled together one piece at a time.
- When using a heavy framework, masons make use of beam and post construction techniques. Apart from this, you may find timber frames, steel frames, wooden lumber, heavy metal frames and concrete slabs. Some other types of construction techniques make use of bricks and stones that look more traditional type connected by mortar and concrete. The mixture is best prepared for durability using a mix of water, sand, gravel, and cement. Apart from this, Masons may use baked bricks or earthen blocks that are used to fill the structural panels. Masons may also use wooden or steel frames for forming the external frame structure of the residence.
Now, it is clear that people make use of different methods ranging from traditional stick method to modern time lightweight steel frameworks, including a combination of traditional earthen block methods. In few home construction projects for completion stage, they also make use of traditional masonry work using concrete cement and bricks. What you have to do is just choose the best residential construction techniques as per your need from the options provided in the article.